The mission of Salina Christian Academy is to serve Christian families and their children by placing Christ at the heart of education and preparing each student to impact the culture for Christ wherever God calls them to serve.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
We believe, teach and confess that all mankind is sinful from conception (Psalm 51:5) and unable to reconcile themselves to God by any human efforts (Ephesians 2:1; Romans 3:9-18), mankind is saved only by the grace of God through faith in Jesus Christ, who has atoned for all sins on the cross (Ephesians 2:8-9) and Jesus Christ, true God and true man, is the only Savior of the world, as it is written: "Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved." (Acts 4:12)
Salina Christian Academy is committed to the highest quality curriculum available that is consistent with God's Word, such as A Beka; Bob Jones University Press; Summit Ministries; ACSI core curriculum and others. We offer a variety of training and programs including bible courses and weekly chapels taught by local pastors. These resources challenge the students and help prepare them for higher education. Teachers infuse biblical truths within each discipline taught. Curriculum is evaluated to insure Biblical integration and alignment, accuracy of material and alignment with national standards.
SCA curriculum objectives are to teach content information, demonstrate strong strategies in learning and student application, exercise reasoning abilities by the students, and prepare students to live Christian lives as Christian thinkers.
SCA Administration, teachers and support staff share a common goal and responsibility to be imitators of Christ and to mentor Christ like behavior and attitudes. Students often develop Christian friendships with peers that remain well after graduation. SCA provides the opportunity for:
- Significant scholarship opportunity to make Private Education accessible to anyone. All can apply!
- Foreign Language (Preschool-12th grade)
- New online learning for Middle School/High School.
- Dual Credit Courses.
- Proposed All Day Preschool/Care Environment. Scholarships available!
- Chess Competition available through KSHSAA.
- Christ-centered curriculum and teaching.
- Weekly Chapel service involving area Pastors.
- A safe, secure and structured school environment.
- Uniform dress code.
- Smaller class sizes and individualized planning for students.
- Diagnostic testing of students that include NWEA MAP.
- Athletics: Cross Country, Basketball and Track.
- Technology partnership with Kansas Wesleyan University.
- Mission/Service Learning projects and trips.
- Fellowship with SCA Parents and families.